- Maintenance of law and order peace and tranquility in the province;
- Exercise of control and supervision over districts administration of the province;
- Ensure supply of essential commodities in the division;
- Realization of Government and other dues;
- Coordinate with Army / PMF / Police;
- Perform protocol duties;
- Monitoring / conduct of parliament / assembly / municipal elections etc;
- Conduct of administrative inspections of subordinate offices / development offices;
- Exercise the powers as Appellate authority under Land Revenue and other Acts;
- Designate authority under POTA / PSA;
- Ensure payment of relief and rehabilitation of natural calamity sufferers.
- Ensure implementation of the decisions of district development boards.
- Redressal of public grievances.